Get Email Updates
Get an email the instant your dream home hits the market with your MyLogin account
We will match you with the perfect community to fit your needs
1. Location. The location is the location. Unless you are in the movie “UP” of course.
It might be advantageous (lake view with southern exposure and in a prime spot). Or it’s by the highway with a view of a wall. Whatever the case is, location is what it is and it is not moveable. It does play a tremendous factor as to why a buyer will purchase or not. In Sellers markets with low supply, tougher locations move faster. In Buyer markets, the price and other factors need to be changed drastically to get movement.
Search for your perfect location.
2. Condition. Condition can be a variable. How does the home show? Staging can have +/- 15% swings and can be the deciding factor if a home sells and at what price. See key staging tips
3. Marketing/Advertising. The only thing a Realtor controls. A client who did not choose me called me the other day and said “I made a mistake not going with you.” I looked at his listing online and immediately saw a backyard shot that was a closeup of a table and a fan cord hanging down and then his lake view. This needed a prime aerial to show the full lake view and the corner lot he has. Marketing has so many elements from photography, videography, ad placement/distribution, agent selling and on and on. If all 6 Factors are right on, then you have a marketing problem.
4. Access. If the Realtor is not responsive or the Seller is always negotiating what day/time a house can show, it will limit the Buyers coming in. This affects both price and days on market.
5. Offering Price. If 1-4 are correct, then it’s time to change the price. The best strategy for pricing a home is to have it just under a category of shopping threshold. Since Buyers and Realtors looking for their clients are searching (up to a threshold limit), its important to be below those limits. Just like shopping on google. When you get a client who wants to price something at $359,000 I usually ask them if they were looking for a new car to lease or buy what their limit would be. They always end up on an even number. Nobody ever says keep my payment below $359 a month. Its either $350 or $400. Therefore pricing a home at $359,000 means the buyer searching up to $350,000 will never see it.
6. Trends. While trends is not something you can control, Realtors feel the market at ground level and know a market is shifting before appraisers do. If the market is shifting it can affect strategies on 2-6.
Jeff Lichtenstein is owner and broker of Echo Fine Properties, a luxury real estate brokerage selling real estate in Jupiter and homes in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. He has 20 years of real estate experience, has closed over a 1,000 transactions, and manages over 50 agents in a non-traditional model of real estate that mimics a traditional business model. Some publications he has been quoted in.
Take your business to the next level with Echo Fine PropertiesContact Us
January 25, 2021
January 23, 2021
In Open House Blog
January 23, 2021
From PGA National homes to Admiral Cove, you've discovered the top source of comprehensive information on homes in Northern Palm Beach County communities. Jeff Lichtenstein of Illustrated Properties is the top producing real estate agent in these locations. Jeff has sold over 300 homes, more than anyone else since 2001. He caters to the Waterfront, golf & ranch, and luxury communities here. His focus has always been on providing exceptional service, showcasing quality properties and working with quality clientele. Jeff your only choice for a real estate agent in the area if you're looking for the best. Whether you're looking to sell a home in Admiral's cove or buy one of the beautiful PGA National homes, you need to talk to Jeff Lichtenstein.
© 2021 Echo Fine Properties, All Rights Reserved. Powered by Neutrino, Inc. Authored by Jeff Lichtenstein
or Create your MyHomes account today?
In only 30 seconds you will have full access to property, community info and SOLD data you can't get anywhere else.